Introduction – Description – Aim of the project
Pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we hereby acknowledge that the RETHINK Consortium is committed to protecting your privacy and concerned with collecting only data that is relevant and necessary to conduct project activities. This Privacy Statement applies to the information and data collected through the various sections of the RETHINK website.
Who belongs to the RETHINK Consortium?
The RETHINK Consortium is made up of the following institutions:
- CIEP – Centre International d’Études Pédagogiques, France (Coordinator)
- Mémorial de la Shoah, France
- EUROCLIO – European Association of History Educators, The Netherlands
- Kazerne Dossin: Memorial, Museum and Documentation Centre on Holocaust and Human Rights, Belgium
- CESIE, Italy
- Żydowski Instytut Historyczny, Poland
- Holocaust Education Trust Ireland, Ireland
- errinern.at, Austria
Co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme (Key Action 3: Support for policy reform), RETHINK is a three-year endeavour that started on 01.12.2017 and will finish on 30.11.2020. The project aims to facilitate the dissemination of programmes that promote tolerance and respect towards diversity, while developing media literacy and critical thinking skills.
Specific project objectives include:
- Delivering a searchable database collecting the educational approaches that foster inclusion and respect towards diversity and are implemented by memorial institutions and democracy-building NGOs;
- Selecting some of the practices stored on the database as effective models to be adapted across contexts and countries;
- Delivering an e-learning platform with innovative pedagogical material based on remembrance education programmes and adapted to the classroom environment;
- Creating a new network for memorial institutions and NGOs working in the field of remembrance education and democracy-building
1. Type of personal data collected
- If you agree to take part in the RETHINK SURVEY, some personal information may be collected about you, such as your name, surname, sex, position and e-mail address, the name of the organisation/company you work for, the date and the time when you participated in the survey.
- If you sign up for the RETHINK E-LEARNING PLATFORM, some personal information may be collected about you, such as your name, surname, sex, e-mail address, the date and the time when you enrolled, your educational data and records of education attainment.
- If you agree to join the RETHINK NETWORK, some personal information may be collected about you, such as your name, surname, sex, position and e-mail address, another contact person’s details, the name of the organisation/company you work for, the date and the time when you filled in the signup form.
- If you subscribe to the RETHINK NEWSLETTER, some personal information may be collected about you, such as your name, surname, sex and e-mail address, the date and the time when you subscribed.
- If you fill in the RETHINK CONTACT FORM, some personal information may be collected about you, such as your name, surname, sex, phone and e-mail address, the date and the time when you completed the form.
- If you sign the RETHINK Form consent for speakers – which is required to be a speaker in the RETHINK Final Seminar – personal information such as your name, surname, sex, likeness and biographic information will be collected. Your presentation during the Seminar will be captured in video format.
2. How the RETHINK Consortium uses your information
- RETHINK SURVEY responses will be stored in the publicly-accessible RETHINK DATABASE housed on the RETHINK website. They may be used by the Consortium for other activities connected with the RETHINK project.
- All the details disclosed to sign up for the RETHINK E-LEARNING PLATFORM will be stored on the platform and used to grant you access to the platform and/or educational community and to send you notifications about your activity.
- All the details disclosed to join the RETHINK NETWORK will be stored and used by the Consortium for networking and promotional activities carried out within the framework of the RETHINK project and the RETHINK network.
- The email address provided to subscribe to the RETHINK NEWSLETTER will be stored and used to send you information and updates on the RETHINK project. This information may be shared among the Consortium.
- All the details disclosed in the RETHINK CONTACT FORM will be used to respond to your requests and/or support needs. Information may be shared with individual consortium members to provide a more appropriate response to your request.
- All the details disclosed in the RETHINK Form consent for speakers and during the organisation and delivery of the RETHINK Final Seminar will be used for educational purposes. Information and presentation will be available on RETHINK and project partners’ communication channels, on YouTube and the project site, as well as on social networks.
The information collected through the various sections of the RETHINK website may be used to conduct the following project activities:
- Setting up the RETHINK DATABASE
- Creating the RETHINK E-LEARNING PLATFORM
- Building the RETHINK NETWORK
- Sending promotional material on RETHINK project activities
3. Withdrawing your consent
- Once you have completed the RETHINK SURVEY, you can ask for your practice to be deleted from the publicly-accessible RETHINK DATABASE at any time. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- You can opt out of the RETHINK E-LEARNING PLATFORM at any time. You can delete your account along with your data record from the platform.
- You can opt out of the RETHINK NETWORK at any time. To cancel your membership, please contact email@example.com with your request.
- You can opt out of the RETHINK NEWSLETTER at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking the related link in the newsletter.
4. How long will we retain your data?
The RETHINK Consortium will keep your data in accordance with project requirements including project sustainability (that is 10 years after the end of the project: 30.11.2020).
5. The use of your data by the Third parties